But how do you setup Docker Swarm cluster on AWS? What is necessary to deploy your application to the swarm?
In this workshop, Philipp guides you step-by-step through the process of setting up Docker Swarm from scratch. He also shows how to deploy and update applications based on Docker Compose v3. Principals like immutable infrastructure and configuration as code will influence the entire process as CloudFormation plays an important role.
- Local Requirements
- Immutable Infrastructure with CloudFormation
- Basic VPC Setup
- Run Docker on EC2 (VMs)
- Scale with AutoScaling Groups
- Setup Manager Nodes
- Secure Swarm Tokens
- Automatically join Worker Nodes
- Deploy sample application
Who should join?
- Everyone who wants to setup and run Docker Swarm on AWS
- Some experience with AWS or Docker is recommended (but not required)
- Bring your own laptop
- Have your own AWS account (Free Tier, https://aws.amazon.com/premiumsupport/knowledge-center/create-and-activate-aws-account/)
- Install AWS Cli (http://docs.aws.amazon.com/cli/latest/userguide/installing.html)